Friday, July 19, 2013

Solved: Desktop icons disappear are gone or not showing in Windows 7 or Windows 8

Recently I was testing Stardock Softwares Fences program on my Samsung Tablet that runs Windows 8. 

When I uninstalled the program I chose to restore my desktop but instead all of my icons disappeared! My icons were gone and they would not show up! 

Needless to say I was more than perturbed! So I had to search the web for a solution and found it was more than simple thanks to a kind poster on Microsoft Technet. So if you find yourself in this situation here is the solution:

  • Windows 8 missing desktop icons SOLVED


    1.) Right click on the Desktop(if using a tablet tap and hold your finger on a blank area of the desktop until the popup context menu comes up.


    2.) Place mouse over or tap on the View option in the menu that appears


    3.) Select or tap on the "Show Desktop Icons" to place a check mark next to it


    4.) Problem Solved.


    See I told you it was simple!

No comments: